We are looking for a sweat equity Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who is a technical guru to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of the business. She/he/they should be an individual contributor that can communicate with employees, stakeholders, and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately, in addition to leading a growing team of technical staff.
The CTO will cooperate with the Founder/CEO and work together to create a new SAS cloud social networking platform for designers, researchers, and businesses. This platform will be a game-changer and will disrupt a 15 billion market.
The CTO should be strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are also an excellent communicator and public speaker, we’d like to meet you.
Koalesce Designs is a very early-stage startup looking to find the right CTO. Some of the features can foreseeably create a proprietary new technology in 1-2 years time.
Prior CTO experience is welcome, but strong software development and technology expertise is preferred.
This position is sweat-equity.
Chief Technology Officer Responsibilities:
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield a competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
Chief Technology Officer Requirements:
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar leadership role
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.